Sunday, September 6, 2009

Last Day of Summer

Well, today was the last official day of summer. Although a sad realization, I'll admit I'm kind of eager for fall to start. And with the risk of sounding even nerdier, I'll say it, I like school. I'm the girl who spends her days studying, reading and writing. This is my last year in middle school and next year I start high school. To add to the pressure, high schools in New York are extremely competitive, the one that I want to attend, Stuyvesant HS, is probably one of the most competitive with 27,000 students applying and only around 2,000 getting in. 
Well, babbling aside, we went to 17th street for some last minute shopping and later ate around there at a place called Dogmatic where they serve "gourmet sausages" inside a baguette. 
 
 
 
Afterwards, we went to Union Square, where we went to the Green Market. Green Markets are great, you can buy produce, cheeses, breads or even sweets of any kind- all organically produced. Apart from everything having great flavor at cheap prices, the atmosphere is amazingly refreshing.

 
  
  
  
  
  
  
 
  
  
 
After we had bought ever fruit known to man, we walked around a little more and found "FREE HUGS".

 
  
  

15 comments:

  1. i guess im coming along to be the crazy 3 comments girl now! JOKING. Im just commenting to say how hounered i am to be featured in your pleasure reads box. ive decided im linking you up :D
    love you blogger friend
    sophe.
    p.s i once got a free hug from a nice looking fella' but my nan went and ruined it by winking at him. :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou for the comment on my blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with getting into your HS next year! The green market looks like so much fun. I love buying produce from stands :). And aren't free hugs the best?!? I did it once in Korea. They weren't getting many hugs though....
    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the comment : )
    free hugs are cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the beginning of the school year the most. with this being the first time i'm not going back to school since i've graduated i miss it!! i wish i could just go back for the first week of school. i know odd.

    your pictures are great by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love going to the farmers market. I love the fresh produce especially the fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh, im in love with fruit and veg stalls...shame they dont have many in my little village, hehe.

    And your not alone in your love of school, I also love studying, reading and writing. Bring on Fall!

    Much love x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm so jealous of all you northerners, Renata and I started school 3 weeks ago -.-
    the fruits and vegetables are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you'll have good luck next year with your HS! It seems really competitive but I hope you make it :)
    The market seems great, and the hugs too:)

    Thanks a lot for your comment & following my blog, your comment made me smile:) It's great that you lived in Madrid and you liked it, so you'll know some of the places I'll name :)

    Besos y buen finde!:)

    PS. I'm following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i want to live in NY so bad!
    the market atmoshpere is just so perfect better than marketers yelling their so called cheap prices and unhygienic floors..
    and i like school too :D i also have issues with about which school i want to go
    but its not about the competition, its more about my parents not letting move school ):

    ReplyDelete
  11. my mouth is watering for the sausage :)

    Good luck with everything girlie!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a fun day and green markets are always so attractive

    ReplyDelete